List of the Best Smart Drugs and Nootropics
To treat a medical condition, a doctor may prescribe a nootropic. Normally, the drug is a kind of stimulant. Like amphetamine, that can assist in treating ADHD. Also dementia, Narcolepsy, or the same condition.
Prescription nootropics may include:
- Adderall contains amphetamines to treat ADHD
- Modafinil (Provigil), a stimulant that addresses the unexpected drowsiness of narcolepsy
- Memantine (Axura), treats symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease
- Methylphenidate (Ritalin), a stimulant that can control symptoms of ADHD and narcolepsy
Though this can be effective in treating a particular medical condition. A person cannot take them without having a prescription. Like any other prescription medications, they carry risks of side effects. And interactions and a person must only have them under the care of the doctor. Some evidence advises that people who use prescription nootropics enhance brain function. Have a greater risk of impulsive behaviors, such as sexual practices.
Some of the best nootropics
- L-Theanine is a naturally occurring amino acid located in tea. Yet, it is also available as a supplement. Some studies have shown that taking 200mg of L-theanine has a calming effect. Without causing drowsiness, L-theanine is even more effective when taken with caffeine. They’re usually used together in performance-enhancing supplements.
- Caffeine is known to be the most popular consumed psychoactive substance. It’s found naturally in tea, cocoa, coffee, kola nuts, guarana, and added to a lot of sodas. Medications and energy drinks, it can also be in the form of a supplement. Either on its own or the combination with other substances. A low to average caffeine intake of 40-300 mg increases your attention and alertness. And also decreases your reaction time. These doses are effective, especially for fatigued people.
- Your body can use this to make protein since it is an amino acid. It’s a famous bodybuilding supplement that aids muscle growth. Yet it is also beneficial for your brain. After it is consumed, creatine enters your brain where it links with phosphate. Producing a molecule that your brain uses to fuel its cells quickly.
- Panax Ginseng
- Panax ginseng root is a traditional medicinal plant used to enhance brain function. Taking one dose of 200 to 400 mg of this has been shown to lessen brain fatigue. Also, to enhance performance on hard tasks like mental math problems. Yet, it’s not clear how Panax ginseng improves brain function. It may be because of its strong anti-inflammatory effects. It protects your brain from oxidative stress. And also improve its function.
- Nicotine is naturally present in chemicals found in a lot of plants. Especially in tobacco, it’s one of the compounds that make cigarettes so addictive. It can also be in the form of nicotine gum. Also, it will be absorbed through your skin via a nicotine patch.
- Noopept is an artificial smart drug that is available as a supplement. The effects of Noopept, unlike some of the natural nootropics. Can be felt within minutes rather than days or weeks, and will last for several hours.
- Modafinil is mostly sold as Provigil. It is a prescription drug that is usually used to treat narcolepsy. A condition that causes uncontrollable drowsiness. Its stimulating effects are the same as those of cocaine or amphetamines. It also improves executive functioning or the ability to handle your time properly.